Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Thank you

Thank you for your support

I am writing to thank you on behalf of the Liberal Action Team for your interest and support in my campaign for the City of Sydney. Whilst the final election results are not in, it appears that Clover Moore MP has been returned with an outright majority on the Council and the Greens have increased their position at the expense of Labor.

The Liberal Party can be satisfied that we improved our vote by 4%. As I travelled around the polling booths I was delighted by the positive response our policies on car parking and the city economy were receiving from voters. The 4% swing should be seen as support for these strong policies and I will use my position on the Council in the coming term to argue the agenda we set in this election. I would like to thank the volunteers and supporters who worked on the campaign and on polling day.

I would like take this opportunity to thank the great team who took time out of their busy work lives to stand with me for election. My team presented a very credible alternative Council. The new Council will meet later this month and eCouncillor will resume its usual monthly format. Thank you to the readers for your advice and support.

Shayne Mallard, Councillor


Get the latest news in eCouncillor

No comments: